Sunday, February 14, 2016

My Latest Adventure

I came to my blog tonight to write a note or two and I was shocked to see I hadn't published anything since Halloween.  So much has happened since then I'm not sure where to start.

  • I gave up on nursing.  It's just not the right thing for me.  Not now anyway.  
  • I also gave up on school.  Also not the right thing right now and I'm becoming unconvinced that college is necessary for success.  My chemistry degree certainly isn't helping me find work these days.
  • I found The Perfect Job in November.  It was a chemistry lab doing R&D work and it was 30 minutes from my home.  I say 'was' because three weeks after I started the company declared bankruptcy and shut down the department I worked in.  Downsized twice in one damn year.
That's when I decided enough was enough.  I've sold my soul to various corporate entities for the privilege of living my life according to their mission statement and 'values.'  I've raced the rats and trod upon the treadmill and tried to walk the thin line of aggressive without being bitchy or bossy and can't stand it any more.

Done.

So.  Great!  That's a relief.  No more worrying about getting to work on time and not pissing off my boss and forgetting my lunch.

Now what?  What can I do with my chemistry experience that's fun, rewarding, and might just keep the roof over my head?

HINT HINT HINT!


Adventure time!  I'm starting a soap making business.  I've been making soap for myself, my family, and my friends for about three years now.  I've been nudged by several people to sell my soaps.  So, what the heck?  Why not?

Over the last couple of months, I've been researching and testing and trying out new soap recipes.  I've been doing market research and getting feedback and searching out venues.  I've almost got my ducks in a row.

More details to come! As soon as I have my website ready, I'll link that here as well.  In the coming weeks, I'll do product reviews and put the spotlight on the recipes and ingredients that got me started.  I hope to have my own mission statement soon.

Most years, I have to admit, winter drags and drags for me.  This year has been so different it amazes me when I think of it.  I've been so busy getting soap made and putting things together and getting things lined up that I haven't had time to think about it much.  Good things are coming...it's almost spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment