But here's an update on the garden goings-on.
- The potatoes are officially dead. I took the soil from the pots they were in and mixed it with peat moss and vermiculite and used it to fill my new...
- Asparagus bed. I may have mentioned my extreme love for asparagus before. I planted 30 asparagus plants. Pics as soon as the 15 I'm expecting to sprout show up.
- The radishes and spinach have come and gone. Tasty and wonderful!
- The peas have finally flowered and I have a few tiny little pods forming. Only about half the pea seeds I planted have sprouted so the harvest will be small. It's okay, though. They rarely make it to the kitchen anyway.
- I'm impressed with the Brussels sprouts plants! I gotta get some pics of those, too. They are growing like crazy. I guess the cool, damp weather is perfect for them.
- The onions are also doing really, really well.
- The new plantings include cucumbers, tiny pumpkins, zucchini, winter squash and yellow wax beans.
But all is well.